This is the actual source image to a video track in Premiere (a PNG):
With no resizing whatsoever, and .flv output, this is a resultant frame from the exported video:
How could I improve the output quality, especially the text?
What settings should I use
- I've tried to max out pretty much everything in the FLV export settings.
- And now I moved to MP4 output with H.264 encoding, but still get poor quality stills.
- Here are the MP4 Export settings, what should I change?
Inspired from the answers, turns out that have to set the source to Progressive when creating a New Sequence (instead of Fields: Upper)
- this is why I did not get better results whatever my configuration once I had created a sequence with Fields set to Upper
- and this is why the following settings for my next project, yielded good stills
- although also using higher resolution, so not sure high that plays into the test results
- H.264 / MP4 Export settings otherwise the same