I've recently purchased Kontakt 5, and I'm exited to start using it, but I'm thinking that my current MIDI controller (an 88 weighted key digital piano) will probably be difficult to play on for non-piano instruments. So, I'm in the market for a MIDI controller, and I'm surprised by the lack of affordable options out there. Here's what I'm looking for:
- 61 keys (more would be fine, but not required)
- Non-weighted keys
- Sends aftertouch data (preferably polyphonic, but channel will do)
- Expression and sustain pedal inputs
- Has pitch and modulation wheels
- Cheap: under $400 would be awesome
After quite a bit of Googling, the only things I can find that fit the bill are some vintage synths (Yamaha SY99, Kurzweil MIDIboard, GEM S3, Ensoniq TS-10) that are incredibly expensive on the second hand market because of their old school sound and scarcity.
Am I missing something here? It seems odd to me, that this product doesn't exist.